Please do not contact your GP surgery about your COVID 19 Vaccination Status
The Government has announced that from 17th May 2021, people will be able to demonstrate their COVID-19 vaccine status for travelling purposes by accessing the Patient Access or NHS app, or by calling 119.
Please do not contact your GP surgery about your COVID-19 vaccination status as GPs cannot provide letters showing your COVID-19 vaccination status.
Please see Demonstrating your COVID-19 vaccination status when travelling abroad at GOV.UK for further information.
Please note if you do call the NHS helpline (on 119) please ask for a letter to be posted to you. This must be at least 5 days after you’ve completed your course of the vaccine; the letter may take up to 5 days to reach you.
COVID-19 is an extremely challenging situation for everyone, including primary care. During this time, we need to ensure that we continue to work together to safeguard our patients.
The role of primary care in safeguarding at this time is to continue to recognise when children, adults and families are struggling or potentially suffering abuse or neglect, signpost to resources which can help, refer to other agencies as available and appropriate and support vulnerable patients were possible.
Please see the below list of resources which you may find helpful.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247. Website:https://www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/
- NSPCC helpline: 0808 800 5000 web: If you're worried about a child, even if you're unsure, contact NSPCC professional counsellors for help, advice and support.
- Childline 0800 1111: Offers free, confidential advice and support for any child 18 years or under, whatever the worry.
- MIND: Mental Health Support with specific advice on ‘Coronavirus and your wellbeing’. Website: www.mind.org.uk
- YoungMinds: Supporting children and young people and their parents/carers with their mental health and wellbeing. Specific advice on managing self-isolation and anxiety about coronavirus. Website: https://youngminds.org.uk
- ICON: Babies cry: You can cope. Website: http://iconcope.org/
- SafeLives: Specific resources for domestic abuse and COVID. Website: http://safelives.org.uk/news-views/domesticabuse-and-covid-19